In stage 2 and above, lead acid batteries are being used outside of their design parameters.
This is due to long and frequent power outages resulting in multiple battery cycles per day.
The short periods between load shedding cycles is also insufficient to recharge the battery correctly.
It is for this reason that no lead acid battery is warranted if the load shedding increases to stage 2 or above.
1. LIMITED WARRANTYCurrent Automation hereby warrants to you, the original purchaser and end user (“you” or “your”), that the products that you purchased which accompany this Limited Warranty (“Products”) shall be. free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use consistent with the accompanying documentation for 1 year commencing upon the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”). Current Automation will repair or replace any Product determined to be defective and which has been returned, as set forth in section 3 here in, to Current Automation. A Product may be replaced with a new or used product and/or current or prior revision. Where Current Automation determines in its sole judgment that repair or replacement of such Product is not reasonable, Current Automation will keep the non-conforming Product and refund to you the amount you paid for such Product. Returned Products shall be subject to the balance of the Warranty Period otherwise applicable. Any reconditioned parts used by Current Automation shall be subject to all the same provisions as otherwise applicable to new parts. THE FOREGOING DESCRIBES THE SOLE LIABILITY OF Current Automation, AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, YOU MUST RETURN THE PRODUCTS UNUSED AND IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITHIN THREE (3) DAYS AND YOUR PURCHASE PRICE WILL BE REFUNDED.
2. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITYThis Limited Warranty does not cover: Defects or damages resulting from acts of God, casualty, accident, misuse or abuse, overloading, exceeding the recommended weight capacity, neglect, alterations, modification, service or repair by other than Current Automation or its independent third party service providers, including without limitation by you; (ii) improper assembly or installation or de-installation, operation or maintenance, improper connections with peripherals or other causes not arising out of defects in the materials or workmanship of Products; (iii) any Product for which the warranty sticker has been removed, modified or defaced; (iv) shipping containers, batteries, cabinets, media, software or accessories; () normal wear and tear; (vi) damage to or loss of repaired or replaced Products during shipping by Current Automation except when such damage or loss is caused by poor or inadequate packaging by Current Automation; or (vii) Products purchased outside the South Africa. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Current Automation BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Current Automation HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Current Automation HEREUNDER EXCEED THE GREATER OF R500 OR THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. NOT ALL JURISDICTIONS ALLOW SUCH LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
PROCEDURE FOR WARRANTY SERVICEPrior to returning any Products to Current Automation for warranty service, you must first contact Current Automation by telephone at (+27) 11 462-4253 to confirm that such Products are covered by this Limited Warranty. If such Products are so covered, you shall obtain from Current Automation a return materials authorization (“RMA”) number and shipping instructions prior to any shipment of such Products to Current Automation, and you must include such RMA number with any corresponding Product shipment, along with a true and correct copy of the original receipt showing the date of Product purchase by you, and a detailed, written description of any associated Product problems. Please note that you are responsible for all shipping charges incurred in returning an item for exchange or repair. If Current Automation determines that any Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty, you must pay all parts, labour charges.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONSEXCEPT AND TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FORA PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND Current Automation EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN. EXCEPT AND TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND Current Automation MAKES NO ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER. THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY AND IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY CURRENT AUTOMATION. THE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, AND DEALERS OF Current Automation ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR MAKE ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES BINDING ON Current Automation. ACCORDINGLY, ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS SUCH AS DEALER ADVERTISING OR PRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE WARRANTIES BY Current Automation AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON. Current Automation DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCTS WILL OPERATE WITHOUT FAILURE, OR THAT THE PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. NOT ALL JURISDICTIONS ALLOW SUCH WARRANTY LIMITATIONS SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLYTO YOU.
3. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTIONFOR PURCHASES WITHIN THE RSA -This Limited Warranty shall be subject solely to the RSA. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the South African courts. The parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
4. EXCLUSIONS TO WARRANTY
REGISTRATION OF PRODUCT LINE.Registering your Current Automation battery allows you to access 1 year warranty benefits. Have your invoice and data logging detail method handy to finalize your registration to ensure your correct charging and temperature parameter are within required range to ensure battery health is maintained. Please note that if you do not register your battery installation with our online registration platform that NO warranty claim can be lodged. If you’ve already registered your Current Automation product and you would like to verify your warranty terms and coverage, please contact our service department with your site installation certificate of compliance issued by an authorized registered electrician. https://www.rectifier.co.za/electrical-certificate-of-compliance/
5. BASE WARRANTYCurrent Automation offers a range of warranty options for your equipment dependent on base warranty agreed upon. These options can be selected at the time of purchase or within the term of initial base warranty coverage. A strict CARRY-IN WARRANTY is applicable for non-turnkey solutions Carry – In- Warranty – It is the type of warranty where in you must go to store of purchase or repair shop to avail the warranty, that is, you must take the product to the shop for repair. Warranty Upgrade options allow you to vary response time and level of service to match your critical support needs and will be quoted accordingly for Onsite/In-Home Services with a service level agreement and response time. Warranty Applicable for all batteries purchased from Current Automation
- This warranty is valid only on proof of purchase from Current Automation.
- Proof of COC of the installation is needed, and any alteration on the system will need to be amended on the COC, and proof thereof. With out COC or COC amendments to the system, warranty cannot be given.
- All installations should comply to all relevant SANS regulations and should have a valid COC issued. (Surge protection on both PV and AC input is essential)
- Any physical damage to the battery box, display, terminals, buttons and or any other part of the battery automatically voids the warranty.
- Removal or damage of Warranty sticker voids the warranty.
- Any sign or water or liquid damage voids the warranty.
- Damage caused during courier is not covered under this warranty.
- Damage due to improper installation: loose terminal connections, under-sized cabling, incorrect connections (Series and parallel) for desired voltage and AH requirements or reverse polarity connections.
- Damage due to cover charge or over discharge voids warranty.
- When utilizing CANbus communication only PIN 4 and PIN 5 on the battery side can be used. Using pins other than pin 4 and 5 could cause damage to the BMS and will void the warranty.(battery specific)
- Do not install batteries past their recommended series connection limit and voltage.
- Do not install batteries in parallel/series with batteries of other makes/models.
- Warranty only valid if battery is within calendar warranty period or within charge-discharge cycle range.
- Failure due to inverter or charger fault voids the warranty.
- Abuse, misuse, negligence, accidents, or force majeure events, including but not limited to lightning, flood, fire, extreme cold weather, or other events outside the reasonable control of Current Automation.
- Battery must be charged/discharged within the parameters set by the battery manufacturer.
- Batteries that have been opened, modified, or tampered with automatically voids this warranty.
- When lodging a warranty claim the unit needs to be brought in to Current Automations repair centre, 16 Staal street, Kysand, randburg. Current Automation will not be liable for shipping fees for a unit that is older than 3 Months or if the unit was collected by the customer or courier arrange by the customer and not through Current Automation.
- Any changes made to the battery BMS parameters will result in immediate termination of your warranty.
- This warranty covers the working of the product and does not cover any physical damage to the product.
- It is very important and necessary to read the Warranty and safety/installation precautions carefully before installing or using the product. Failure to do so or to follow any of the instructions or warnings in this document can result in electrical shock, serious injury or death, and could damage the cells/BMS, or potentially rendering it inoperable.
- Please recharged the cells within 12 hours, after fully discharged.
- All cells must be used in conjunction with a suitable BMS, lack of BMS or improper connection of a BMS voids the warranty.
- All the cell/battery terminals must be disconnected before any maintenance.
- Do not use cleaning solvents to clean the cells or BMS.
- Do not expose Cells to flammable or harsh chemicals, or corrosive gases or liquids.
- Do not paint any part of cells or BMS including any internal or external components.
- Do not expose the cells or BMS to direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Do not connect cells or BMS with PV solar wiring directly.
- Do not insert any foreign object into any part of the battery pack, this can cause wear and tear on the cells causing a short circuit.
- Do not touch the cells with wet hands.
- Do not crush, drop or puncture the cells.
- Always dispose of the cells according to local safety regulations.
- Do not reverse the polarity when installing.
- Do not short circuit the terminals, remove all jewellery items that could cause a short circuit before installation and handling.
- Disconnect battery from power or loads, and then power off battery before installation and maintenance.
- Continued operation of a damaged battery pack can result in damage or injury.
- Ensure that all products, including but not limited to LiFePo4 Cells, DIY kits, BMS’s, Circuit breakers, Terminals, Busbars etc. are well isolated and secured when installing.
AVOID COMMON PROBLEMS OF DISCHARGED BATTERIES.A reasonable time must be allowed to recharge the battery in order that it may be tested. (10~14 working days) WITHOUT discharge prior to contacting Current Automation.
DATA LOGGING.Full data logging will be required for batteries used for Solar, Standby, Backup and Telecom applications with the following details from installation date:
- Site Temperature
- Charging Parameters
- Cycling parameters
- Charging parameters vs. battery spec
IN ORDER TO CLAIM AND REGISTER FOR THE WARRANTY PROCESS PLEASE LOG YOUR WARRANTY THROUGH OUR RMA:
Click the Image below to start your warranty process: